Month Overview

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Running Solo

Go Run!

During the week I tend to run with my friend but today he was home sick.. Rude right? Just kidding I hope he feels better soon! Today was the first day I actually had to run downtown on my own.  I wasn't sure if I would lose motivation or feel crappy.

Since this was my first one I figured I should post a horrible selfie to give visuals to my experience and give you all a play by play.

I started off my outing with some stretching and then a brisk walk to warm everything up.  I blasted a little pop to help keep my energy up.  Usually I listen to rock when i run but pop felt right today. I even switched up my route.  I started off a little slow but I picked up momentum and just ran.  I only wanted to do 3.5 kilometres today but I wanted to see if I could do it faster then normal without my usual motivational partner.

I DID IT! (see horrible selfie below)



My achievements today are:

Distance: 3.20 km
Time: 16 minutes
Max Speed: 16.4 km/hr
Fastest Mile: 8.01 minutes

On my map it shows me a colour map of my pace and I even kept a steady pace the whole time! I guess that wasn't a real play by play but you all get the point. Successful run! CHECK!

I am feeling so great right now! My tip to any of you runners who usually run in pairs is make sure you run a couple times a week for you where you can blast your music and clear your head.

Today I think the quote for my run would have to be "Log Off, Shut down and go run!" Thank you Runners World for this one!

Its a beautiful day today and I highly recommend you take my quote to heart today! Get out there and run!

Happy Tuesday!


No comments: