Month Overview

Friday, February 12, 2016

I Can't Feel My Legs When I'm With You

Strength and Running Form Workouts!


As I have a lot of important running goals this year with the help of my amazing boyfriend I now have a trainer! We have organized my training into three sections this first one is focusing on form and building a solid foundation.  She has made me two workouts, one for Tuesday and one for Fridays(sometimes Saturday).  They have been super beneficial to me! I can feel myself getting stronger especially when I am picking up speed.  Here they are in case anyone else wants to give them a try! Keep in mind I did strength tests so that they fit exactly what I need so they may not help you as much as they have me.




Warm Up:
5 - 10 Minutes on the Bike of Eliptical (Thermal Activity)
Roll Out Glutes, TFL and Quads


Resistance Stretches:
Kneeling Hip Flexors: 4 Strength, 4 Stretch

Dynamic Stretches:
Leg Swings at Wall (Back and Forth): 10 each side
Lunge and Reach: 5 each side
Hamstring Sweeps: 5 each side
Quad Walk: 5 each side
Glute Pull: 5 each side
Y-W's against wall: 10 

Total Body Workout:


Bracing Sequence with Bandt: 2 x 10
DB Step Up (20 lbs): 3 x10 each side
FB Hamstring Curl (On Ball): 3 x 15

Inclined Push Up: 3 x 15
Modified Pull Up: 3 x 15

Low Lateral Band Walk 3 x 15 each way
Banded Squats: 3 x 15

Pelvic Tilt with Transverse Scoop and Hold: 3 x 10
Floor Rotation (Both arms and legs up): 3 x 10 each side
Single Leg Reverse Curl: 3 x 10 each Side

Running Form Workout:
March (Strong core, cheek to cheek, 90 degree arms): 2 x 20m
Chicken Walk (Strong Core, Flat foot): 2 x 20m
Butt Kicking Run: (Strong Core, kick butt): 2 x 20m

Banded (By ankles) Side lying leg raises: 3 x 10 each side
Banded (By ankles) Side lying leg raises with extension: 3 x 10 each side
Side lying external rotation (90 degree knees): 3 x 10 each side
Sometimes I make my running team do these with me :)
Wall Drives: 3 x 10 each side
Wall Mobility (lying on your side hips and back against wall, move heal up the wall, open hips and move heal back down wall): 3 x 10 each side

Prone T taps: 3 x 15
FB T Scoops: 3 x 15

Front Bridge: 3 x 45
Side Bridge: : 3 x 45
Glute Bridge: : 3 x 45

Cool Down:

5 minutes on bike
Roll Out!

Give it a shot and let me know what you think! If you need any clarification on the excercises do not hesitate to message me!




No comments: