Month Overview

Friday, March 4, 2016

2016 Spring Summer Race Schedule

My 2016 Spring/Summer Race Schedule

 Here is what I will be running this year as of now! I know I am so excited to finally have this down on paper and organized.  I cannot wait to run every single one of these races!


Legacy Race Calgary, March 12th, 10k
This race is the target race for the 10k running clinic I am coaching at the running room! I am so excited to run this with my team :)


Calgary Police Half Marathon, April 24th, Half Marathon
This is the first year I am running this one.  I am going to use this as a training run and to take some edge off the longer distance in the upcoming weeks.

YMCA Strong Kids Race, April 30th, 10k
This will be my very last race before my Marathon.  I love the cause this one supports!

BMO Vancouver Marathon, May 1st, MY FIRST MARATHON
This will be my very first Marathon.  This race is more focused on finishing with a smile however I do have an ideal goal of finishing under 3:45. 



Sport Chek Mothers Day Run, May 8th, 5k
This was my first official 5k race last year and I had such a blast.  Its also a great way to celebrate Mothers Day!



Run For Women, May 16th, 10k
This is the first year I will be running this race.  I really like the route so I am going to give this one a shot.

Scotiabank Calgary Marathon, May 29th, MY TARGET MARATHON
This is the Marathon I have been training so hard for and is my official target race.  I am hoping to qualify for Boston at this race with a PR of 3:30.  Last year I did the Jugo Juice 10k with my mom and dad and it was a blast! I am really excited for this one... and a little scared.



Color Me Rad, June, 5k Fun Run
This one is still up in the air for me. I had fun with my friends at this one so as long as I get a team in I will for sure do it again.



Stampede Road Race, July 10th, 10k (This is where I got my 10k PR of 46:16 last year!)
I love this race! This was where I got my 10k PR last year and hoping to get a new 10k PR under 45 minutes at this one!




Race for Pace, August, 10k
This was a really fun race last year that I did with my friend. Its super hero themed and was overall a really great time.


There you have it, that is what I am planning so far for this spring and summer.

If you will be at any of these races let me know because I would love to meet you!



No comments: