Month Overview

Thursday, May 28, 2015

Keep Calm It's Almost Race Day!

Getting close to race day!



I have read that the week before you run you should only do two 30 minute runs (when a 10km run) the week ahead and no runs the day before the race.  So here is what my game plan of the week is. let me know if you notice anything that i should change.  I honestly would like to run a little the day before but I don't want to push my luck!

Sunday: Long run (10.6 km)
Monday:  Hills Baby! (5.5 km)
Tuesday: Morning 30  minute run!
Wednesday: Rest
Thursday: 1 hours of hot yoga!
Friday: 30 Minute Morning Run!
Saturday: Hydrate Hydrate Hydrate
Sunday: 730am Race Day! Whoop Whoop!

I am really excited about this run because it is another step in the successful completion of a marathon!  Also at this race my sister is coming to meet me at the finish line! I am so excited about this one because i never see her and two because i am slightly competitive and she will give me a little extra push for the final km!  Does anyone have any tips on how to keep enough energy to make that last kilometre fast and not mentally painful? That is my biggest worry in the scheme of things.

Here are some things I am going to try this race to see if it helps!

  1. Better Music
    1. Two good pump up songs to end the playlist
    2. Bounce between fast and medium paced music to make sure I don't burn out but don't lose momentum.
  2. Jelly Beans!
    1. Energy Jelly beans from the running room before the race and a couple in my pocket just incase I need a little kick.
  3. Eat like crazy on Saturday!
    1. Not only am i going to carb up on Saturday but I am going to make sure I have food close to bed so I am still fuelled for my 7 30am run!
  4. Hydrate Hydrate Hydrate
    1. Yes I know I always do this but I am going to do it to the max this time!
  5. 1 litre of water an hour before the race
    1. Im going to get up at 6 and drink a bunch of water
    2. Im also going to make sure I pee before the race!
  6. Morning smoothie!
    1. 6 am pre race smoothie with banana's for energy!
  7. One cup of coffee
    1. Im only going to have one cup of coffee right at 6 so I have time to pee before the race.
  8. Run for me!
    1. Yes I am competitive and yes I get pumped when people cheer.  I am gong to make sure that I think of my body and me through the whole run.  I want to make sure that I focus on accomplishing my goal for me.  I think the positive energy and self drive will push me to an overall successful race!
Well there is my update for now! Can't wait for race day but i will keep calm because its almost race day!!!

Wish me luck!




No comments: