Month Overview

Monday, May 4, 2015

If you talk the talk, learn to walk the walk

Talk Is Cheap


It is really easy to make goals and promises.  It's easy to say you are going to do something its the followthrough that is the hard part.  I personally have a hard time doing this sometimes but I have been doing really great with this running thing!

Here are the goals I accomplished last week:

Fastest Mile: 8:28
Longest run: 5 Miles
Total run time: 11.27 Miles
Donated $1.51 to Charity (I forgot to start the charity miles count a couple times)

Look how happy we look about running!



My first run is this Sunday! It is only 5 km but I am excited to enjoy myself with my family and friends while pushing myself to hopefully complete another goal!

I have noticed 5 things that you may find helpful in your run!

  1. Drink half your body weight (in ounces) every day if not more of water. You get less cramps this way.
  2. Cut down on salt and saturated fat. They make you feel heavy when you run and feeling bloated is never fun when you are running.  It's also good for your heart to cut these things out so you should do it anyways.
  3. One cup of coffee per day goes a long way.  If you are going to drink more you better double up on that water.  I have also found that banana's and apples give you a little extra boost throughout the day if you need it!
  4. STRETCH! I can not emphasize this enough! If you don't stretch you are sore the next day and who really wants to be sore if they can prevent it?
  5. Beauty sleep is essential. I think this is different for everyone but I need 8 hours of sleep per night or I am not 100%.

Today I decided to run in the afternoon so I will be going in a couple hours.  I am only going to do three kilometres today but am going to run every day but Saturday this week.

I will diligently write after each day about my progress! I am getting really excited about this run on Sunday!

Wish me luck and I hope you all have an amazing Monday!

My quote for this run is "She is caught somewhere between who she was and who she wants to be." Thanks again pinterest!  I may not be where I want to be just yet but I'm running there!


No comments: