Month Overview

Thursday, May 7, 2015

And Then There Were Two

And Then There Were Two


My buddy is no longer sick so he joined me for the morning run today.  Today we both worked on our stride.  We both have relatively long legs so this made the run go by a tad more quickly.  We even did the hill a little quicker today! He was actually quicker then me! In regards to hills I am wondering if there is a trick to doing it efficiently?  Do you start fast or slow or do you stay stead the way up?  Do you engage your core the whole way?  Do you lean?  If anyone has any insight it would be greatly appreciated.  

Today these were our accomplishments:

Distance: 3.20 km
Average Pace: 10.4 kph
Max Speed: 18.2 kph
$0.61 to the Cancer Foundation

Overall I think this was a successful run with a small donation to a good cause! We are going to do the full 5 km tomorrow to prep for Sunday and then take Saturday off of running. Saturday I am going to focus on yoga and hydration!
Does anyone have tips on what the best activities for a pre run day are?  I know it is only a 5 km but I really would like to get the most out of it!

I hope all of you are having an amazing Thursday! 

My quote today would have to be "Clear your mind of Can't." I find when running it's your head that wants to stop not your heart or your feet! If you are struggling just clear your mind of can't because I know you can!!

5k tomorrow! Wish me luck!

Have a great Thursday!

No comments: