Month Overview

Thursday, April 16, 2015

When Life Gives You Lemons...


5 No Fail Tips to Getting Over a Grumpy Mood! 




Lets face it life can get tough and its easy to let little negative things take over.  Through some less than ideal times I have came up with 5 low cost, very effective things to turn that frown upside-down! I may or may not have had to do a couple (who am i kidding... all of them) today.

1.     Put on your big girl panties!

If you decided that you give up on a day and just sit there in pout your day is going to suck.  Its easy to dwell on negative when you have a rough morning and things are just not working in your favor.  Put on your big girl panties (or big boy panties) and get over it.  That sounds a little harsh I know but embracing negativity is not going to help you or make you really that enjoyable to be around. 

2.     Laugh a little!

Some days are going to suck, it doesn’t mean the world is coming to an end.  Watch a funny YouTube video, look at PInterest at some funny animals pictures or do something that you know will make you laugh no questions asked!  Here is a video that get me every time!

I also took a funny pic of a couple of my coworkers in the spirit of National High Five Day! It definitely brightened my spirits and all those around me! (Sorry guys I had to!)



3.     Eat something you enjoy!

You can’t function on an empty stomach and I am not telling you to each a cheeseburger or fill yourself an unhealthy amount but eat a meal and make it something you like!  If you over eat I hate to break it to you but you aren’t going to feel any better either.  This honestly helps me every time! Treat your body with a delightful meal! Today I had a salad followed with an amazing Nutella donut! If you haven't tried one you really should!


4.     Do something nice for someone else!

Hold a door, buy a coffee, write a good product review, compliment someone.  These are all very easy things to do.  Good deeds are never a waste and they are so easy to do.  If more people went about there bad moods in this fashion how great would the world be!


5.     Enjoy some fresh air!

Bundle up if it chilly out and get yourself some vitamin D! Fresh air and a little exercise will perk you right up!

Today this worked for me! Hope it help you if you need it too!

Have you guested the quote that I based today on? "If live gives you lemons make lemonade." I don't know who originally came up with it but I like it!

Back to running in the morning! Wish me luck!

No comments: