Month Overview

Monday, April 27, 2015

Weekend Trail Running

Weekend Trail Running

This weekend I decided to go run somewhere different!  I grew up in a small town and remember just loving running and biking the trails when I was like 15.  Note to self I am not 15 anymore and trails are tough to run! This is a trail in the city but a little off the beating path.  At first I thought this was going to be easy (the 15 year old me sure did) so I brought my dog.

This run got hard in a hurry and turned into shin splints and rubber legs. To top it off there was a giant hill on this run!  I tried to run up it but I was unsuccessful.  My poor dog helped pull me up the last 1/4 of the hill. He may have gotten a better workout than me. Thank goodness I was to tired to worry about how I looked... A 30 puns dog pulling a grown woman up a hill isn't a good look. When we came home he slept for 3 hours straight! I'm not going to lie... I did the same thing!



I am thinking that hill running is a good thing to keep at though.  There must be a trick to running hills! Anyone have any input?  Also does anyone know any good ways to prevent shin splints?


This run/walk/climb ended up being 5.75km and 12 floors of stairs. I believe this is very successful for a Saturday!

My quote for this run was definitely "Good things come to those who sweat!"  At least thats what I keep telling myself!

The countdown is on for my first run! 13 days till 5k!




No comments: