Month Overview

Thursday, April 23, 2015

10 km Wednesday

10 km Wednesday!



10 km doesn't seem that far right?  That should be nothing to do in one day right? WRONG! When you didn't have a good sleep prior and are not properly hydrated this is quite the task.

I really have no idea why I seemed to think 10 km was going to be a good idea yesterday. I survived it though even with continuous cramps! Mind over matter! Note to self, in the afternoon bring a t-shirt! It was very hot today!  I am impressed with the heat however it did not seem so impressive while I was running. Usually where I live there is a lot of random weather so continuous heat is a plus! My nose wasn't my biggest concern today, I was a sweaty mess! Also I am emphasizing the importance of stretching! This morning I woke up and not only am I stiff but I'm also quite sore. Here is some links to great articles on pre and post running stretches! Do them! Your body will thank you the next day for it!

The final km distance for yesterdays run was 10.75 km! I didn't time it well so I am not 100% sure how long it took. I am contelmplating getting a Fitbit to help with this however, I am not sure which one to get or if there are effective.  I think I would like the Fitbit Charge HR I do have the heart application on my iPhone which works but i am not sure how accurate it is.  Also I have the iPhone 6 plus so its quite the large object to carry around while running.  Anyone have any insight into this?

Overall, yesterday was a good day though! I am glad I did the run but wish I would have stretched and hydrated a bit better.

My inspiration for this blog would have to be "Your body can stand almost anything, its your mind you have to convince."  Think about it?  You are all stronger then you think, I promise!

Tomorrow I will only be doing 5 km in the am but I am going to aim to run the whole time!

Wish me luck!







No comments: