Month Overview

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Cramps and Bananas

Cramps and Banana’s

Well my title is a tad deceiving because today is actually an amazing day.  My day started with a banana and a smoothie which resulted in a crampy run. This made our 5k a little slower then per usual but I am ok with that. Slow and steady wins the race.

I am really loving this smoothie so here is the recipe incase anyone wants to try it!

1/3 cup Strawberries
1/3 cup Bananas
1/3 cup blueberries
1 tbsp flax seed
1/4 cup protein powder
1 cup coconut water

Delish!

Today I am feeling good about everything.  I have had some really grumpy days over the past week. I have learned to really appreciate the good days. 

I have started doing this grateful thing in the morning that my best friend does regularly.  Firstly let me tell you a little about this girl, I’m going to call her Vegas because it fits. When we first met she had moved from Vegas to Lethbridge and at first we weren’t really close but our friendship grew and now I don't know what I would do without her.  We both were in some less then desirable relationships for years.  Our boyfriends hated each other and I am pretty sure us too.  They didn't want us to hang out so we had to like sneakily keep in touch.  We would get caught all the time and as I am writing this I realize how ridiculous this all was.  I am pretty sure Vegas’s boyfriend would have fought me if we ran into each other. Anyways she finally left him and I finally left as well.  We both felt so much better and to top it off Vegas found an amazing man who she is now marrying! Her wedding is in July and I am just so excited to be part of it!  I am so happy for them, Vegas is one of the most amazing and kind hearted people I know.  Now back to being grateful.  When I am having a hard time Vegas always asks me what things I am thankful for.  When you are having a rotten day it easy to forget how lucky you are.  Everyone has at least three things to be thankful for.  I am going to share my three things and I recommend that you start your day with expressing what you are thankful for.


  1. Successful recovery
    1. I may be short a finger tip but I have been very lucky to be healing at the rate I am going.  It may look a little different but its getting better every day and I am so grateful for that!
  2. Supportive Parents
    1. I am so lucky to have the support of my parents. Not only have they always been there for me when I am a giant pain in the butt but they have supported my dreams and aspirations.  They helped me get to where I am and I don't know what I would do without them. 
  3. Great Friends
    1. I have been so very blessed with great people in my life.  I have such a great support system.  They all help and support me through everything and I am just so lucky to have them.
So overall today has been great!

Now back to running! This am we ran 4.69 km in 27 minutes.  We are getting quicker and we didn't even realize it today! The cramps were really horrible though so anyone have any tips on getting rid of cramps or where they come from? I am running another 5k today at lunch! Hopefully my cramps don't come back! Wish me luck!

My quote today is “I am proud of the women I have become because I fought to be her.”  Through the good and the bad make sure you don’t lose you!

No comments: