Month Overview

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

July Flew By!

Where on earth is this summer going!


Looking back on the past couple months I cannot believe how crazy things have been! My last post was about my run the first week in July so here is an update on the rest of the month! 

My best friend got married!



To start off my very best friend got married on July 18th! I was the Maid of honour so it was a busy couple weeks for me! I am so glad that I got the opportunity to help make this day special for them though.  My best friend is the sweetest, most kind heart and stunning women I have ever met in my entire life.  Everyone says this about their best friends but honestly no one beats her.  I honestly don't know what I would do without her.  She is supportive, honest and i know i can always count on her. She truly makes my life better! 

Now her hubby is quite the gem too! He is a truly amazing guy and always looks out for her.  He has two amazing kids as well.  They are so great I love them all!

The wedding went by flawlessly! The bride was breath taking as you can see and it couldn't have been a more perfect day! 



I even caught the bouquet!

I cross trained like a champ!

I have been working really hard at incorporating weights and other activities into my training program and although its tough I am starting to really enjoy it.  Running is still my favourite though!
I know my training plan keeps changing but I am trying to figure out works best with my body.  Does anyone else find that its hard to figure out which areas you need work on and what exercises work best for you?



Here is what I have been doing:

Monday, Wednesday:  
20 minutes of yoga before bed
30 minutes on the bike, stair master or elliptical

2 sets of each exercise
15 weighted squats (15 pounds)
15 Deadlift backrows (10 pounds)
20 Bridge with chest press
12 wood choppers on each side (10 pounds)
15 reverse fly (10 pounds)
10 split squats on each side (10 pounds)
10 side lunges on each side (10 pounds)
10 lawn mowers on each side (10 pounds)
15 push ups
60 second plank
50 crunches

Tuesday:
15 minute warm up run
9 .25 mile sprints

Thursday:
5 mile run

Saturday:
Long run (trying to get up to 10 miles but its harder then it sounds)

Any input or add ons are really appreciated!

I am a little behind on my half marathon training so I may have to put off my first half marathon to the Okanagon Run in October! 

A night out with some of my favourite people!



On Saturday night my I went out with 4 of some of my favourite people! We went to Yuk Yuks which was hilarious then to 1410 (a pub in the city).  I was really fun!

My moms birthday!



My mom is busy moving right now so we didn't get to celebrate but a huge shoutout to my amazing mother! What a great women and inspiration in both general life and running! If i can even be half the women she is I would consider that a huge accomplishment! Cannot wait for our next race! I am hope to do another 10k in August but have to figure out which day works best!

As much as I would like to think my life is exciting that is honestly all that has happened since my post at the beginning of the month! Time flies when you are having fun!

Hope you are all having an amazing month and summer!







No comments: